|Location||Civil Engineering Jobs in New York City, NY|
|Salary||$75,000 - $71,200|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering|
|Experience||3+ years of related building engineering experience|
Our client is actively seeking a highly motivated Structural Engineer for their Buildings + Places practice in the NY office. You are required to have 3+ years of experience, as well as an EIT.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare engineering related calculations and develop drawings and visual aids
• Work under supervision of a project manager or senior-level team member
• Prepare design calculations for various structural elements.
• Prepare finite element structural analysis models for buildings
• Prepare contract drawings and specifications
• Prepare three-dimensional structural analysis models using structural software
• Develop load supporting structural systems and specifications
• Coordinate structural work with other disciplines
• Review shop drawings and calculations and prepare responses to requests for Information during construction
• Prepare cost estimates for the structural work including quantity take offs and estimates
• Prepare sketches and be able to draw using AutoCAD and Revit
• Conduct field inspections, condition assessments, and prepare reports
• Bachelor’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering and 3+ years of related building engineering experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience/education
• Must have strong Revit experience
• Good knowledge of industry standard computer software for the position (examples include software such as CADD, AutoCAD)
• Capable of using spreadsheets, word processing and standard office software.
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Fundamentals of Engineering (FE).
• Master’s degree in Structural or Civil Engineering.
If you want to make a career change and need professional help, contact our Recruiters today!
602 833 8596
or email us: engineering.vacancy(at)hireresolve.com