|Location||Construction Jobs in Corona, California|
|Salary||$170,000 - $140,000|
|Experience||8+ years experience|
Hire Resolve has an exciting opportunity for a full-time Senior Estimator with utilities and earth work experience to join our client’s team in Corona, California. Our client is one of the largest general contracting, construction management and design-build firms in North America.
You will communicate with and oversee the design team, subcontractors, in-house staff and procurement to prepare full estimates on large and complex projects based on the client’s documents and provide a complete bid price.
• Establish/maintain budget control during estimating/preconstruction phases, providing value alternative solutions where fit
• Manage estimating/bid processes by coordinating bid efforts, processing RFIs and interfacing between bid community and design team members on negotiations
• Work with clients on strategies, assess proposals, bids, and bid leveling documents
• Manage appointment process and prequalification of vendors
• Develop and manage project estimates (related to construction, direct work, fees, etc.)
• Review estimates and payment application assessments prepared by support staff
• Present estimates to client and vendors, as well as, recommendations and risk assessments to review validate and challenge costs, utilizing benchmark data from previous projects
• Host periodic meetings with project team and vendors & attend chairing bid interviews
• Review requests from vendors for change orders and use dispute resolution procedures to manage payment requisitions/contractual disputes
• Manage and monitor invoicing process
• Hold post-contract reviews with clients to create lessons applicable to training manual
• Develop procedures governing handover of project
• Use bid analysis sheets, change control forms, cost estimating software and Takeoff software to perform all duties listed above
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering required
• 8+ years’ experience performing duties listed above or combined equivalent training, education and experience will be considered.
• Knowledge of Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
• Demonstrated experience with complex estimate reconciliations and change order negotiations.
• Understanding of underground civil work.
• Able to estimate and manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
If you are interested in a fast paced, collaborative working environment with an emphasis on innovative thought and career growth, contact us today at – 480-530-3705 or simply send us your resume- firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch!
or email us: engineering.vacancy(at)hireresolve.com