Senior Electrical Engineer
|Location||Electrical Engineering Jobs in Maryland|
|Salary||$130,000 - $105,000|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in engineering|
|Experience||10 years of experience|
The Senior Electrical Engineer will work independently on various projects as assigned by a Project Manager or more senior leader. He/she may oversee the entire design process or assist as a technical expert on a specialized design. The Senior Electrical Engineer may work on several concurrent projects. The Senior Electrical Engineer has gained extensive experience in all areas of electrical design and is a recognized expert in his/her discipline.
• Assesses the requirements of a project, breaks a project into tasks, and works with a Project Manager or as the Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget and staffing.
• Writes scope of work for electrical design based on preliminary review and meetings with the client.
• Prepares engineering studies and schematic design for new systems and analyzes operation of existing systems.
• Works with code officials and other design professionals when an interpretation or exception to building codes is required. Demonstrates knowledge of applicable building codes.
• Assigns and reviews work of project design team. Checks progress of work and alerts Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
• Reviews contractor application for payments. Has a thorough understanding of construction process.
• Coordinates all aspects of project document completion within ASE and externally with clients and other design professionals.
• Prepares or reviews construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
• Promotes use of and participates in development of company design and production standards.
• Assists in the education and development of design staff and acts as resource for design questions.
• Maintains neat and organized work area which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering with at least 10 years of experience or a vocational‐technical degree with a least 15 years’ experience.
• PE required.
• Must understand all appropriate codes and LEED requirements. LEED AP credential a plus.
• Must have strong working knowledge and experience with the following software: AutoCAD and Autodesk Revit, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software.
• Must have demonstrated experience in making decisions, judgment and effective problem solving.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent planning, delegation and time management skills.
It’s 2019 and the year you can change your life! If you want to make a career change and need professional help, contact us today! Taryn, Thandi, Logan, Braden, Susan, Tanika or Cynthia are available to take your calls so get in touch today- 602 833 8596 or simply send us your resume- email@example.com and we will get in touch!
or email us: engineering.vacancy(at)hireresolve.com