Resident Engineer/ Construction Manager
|Location||Construction Jobs in New York City, New York|
Hire Resolve is looking for a Resident Engineer and Construction Manager in New York City, NY. This person will be responsible for providing resident engineering and construction contract administration services for a variety of airport/aviation projects, such as construction/reconstruction/rehabilitation of runways, taxiways and aircraft parking aprons, across New York City while providing quality service to our clients. This position requires an individual that is willing to perform a variety of tasks within the office and on-site at construction projects and excel within a team environment.
• Provide representation for clients during construction projects to ensure their best interests are protected.
• Provide on-site observation of airport/aviation construction projects to confirm general adherence to plans, specifications and contract documents.
• Have a detailed understanding of plans and specifications and apply to the construction field accordingly.
• Provide constructability reviews of plans and specifications.
• Prepare quantity take-offs from materials installed/constructed in the field.
• Prepare inspection reports, material quantity verification, and review and respond to contractor material submittals, RFI's, and change order requests.
• Review, scrutinize and negotiate construction change order requests.
• Prepare for, organize, direct, and prepare written documentation/minutes for project meetings, including but not limited to pre-construction meetings and weekly construction meetings.
• Coordinate, approve and/or reject contractor monthly pay applications.
• Calculate and apply FAA-required pay factors and Percent-Within-Limits (PWL's) calculations in accordance with FAA specifications.
• Coordinate and provide project close-out services and documentation, including but not limited to FAA-required Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) reporting, Final Construction Reports, and Record Drawings.
• Coordinate and organize project documentation in an orderly manner per company standards.
• Participate in team monthly meetings and weekly project meetings.
• Comply with Health & Safety Program, with a focus on safety in field activities.
• Must have a Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field from an accredited university.
• Professional certification in an aviation-related field (e.g. AAAE CM)
• (Professional Engineer P.E. license from a State Board of Technical Registration preferred).
• Must have a valid Arizona driver's license or be able to obtain a valid Arizona driver's license by start date.
• 5-10 years of construction contract administration/resident engineering experience (airport construction project experience preferred).
Call the Hire Resolve team today on 602-833-8596 or drop us an email- firstname.lastname@example.org and our engineering team will be glad to assist.
or email us: engineering.vacancy(at)hireresolve.com