Project Estimator II
|Location||Construction Jobs in San Diego, CA|
|Salary||$100,000 – $80,000|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field preferred|
A top construction firm is seeking an experienced Project Estimator II in San Diego, CA to provide high quality preconstruction services for their growing region. This employee-owner will provide conceptual and detailed cost projections, manage the bid process for competitive bid negotiated projects, participate in supervising and training assigned estimators, and maintain overall cost control templates and databases.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare project estimates, develop project cost summaries, present and explain results and recommendations.
• Review design documents to understand scope and clarify ambiguities with internal team or design team or Owner.
• Develop sub lists and issue project documents to the subcontractor community.
• Analyze concepts and schematic designs to prepare estimates.
• Prepare take-off for the following trades: Program Area, Interiors, Enclosure Systems, Structural Systems, Sitework.
• Enter line items in estimating software and price the following trades: Interiors, Enclosure Systems, Structural Systems, Sitework.
• Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
• Contact subcontractors for budget pricing and to clarify/understand various scopes of work.
• Develop bid posting scopes and review bids to ensure all assigned trades have a complete scope on competitive and negotiated projects.
• Review all estimates and bids with Estimating Manager and Operations team before submission to clients.
• Develop preliminary bid lists and bid posting templates. Review all bidder lists with Estimating Manager.
• Archive competitive and negotiated project cost data into historical cost templates.
• Prepare "Value Management" take-off and items developed by Senior Estimator, Pre-Construction Manager or Operations team.
• Organize and lead estimating efforts on small competitive or negotiated projects.
• Maintain positive relationships with clients and vendors.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field preferred.
• Minimum 5 years position related work experience in project estimating or related field required.
Knowledge and Skills
• Previous experience in estimating and preparing conceptual estimates.
• High degree of construction knowledge and analytical skill required.
• Proficient in all computer software programs used in preconstruction with emphasis on 2D/3D estimating software, sub solicitation software and Bluebeam.
• Excellent collaboration, project management, analytical, data quality troubleshooting, problem-solving and communication skills.
• Must be an active team player with a positive and approachable demeanor able to achieve results internally and through our trade partners.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Give the Hire Resolve USA team a call today 602-833-8596 or send us your resume- email@example.com and we will get in touch
or email us: engineering.vacancy(at)hireresolve.com