Geotechnical Site Civil Manager
|Location||Civil Engineering Jobs in Madison, WI|
|Salary||$90,000 – $60,000|
|Education||Professional degree in civil, geotechnical, or geological engineering. PE required.|
A national engineering consulting and construction management firm with an office in Madison, WI is seeking a talented Engineering Lead for employment.
This position will focus on the management and growth of the firm’s engineering department within the Geo-Environmental Engineering technical practice. This position will include roles as senior engineer on projects, business developer, and/or project manager.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
• Develop staff, including goal setting, performance evaluations, mentoring, and recruiting.
• Direct supervisor of engineers, designers, and laboratory staff.
• Plan and control work process, including the following:
o Implement safety protocols.
o Maintain backlog reports.
o Manage resources to meet utilization objectives.
o Lead process improvement initiatives.
o Ensure quality control procedures are implemented.
o Mentor and monitor standard operating procedures with upper management to develop strategy and tactics to grow the practice.
• Manage projects, including financial management, contract negotiation, directing technical work, and client and regulatory liaison.
• Perform as a technical resource in field of expertise and mentor to others.
• Achieve utilization of at least 50% and manage net service revenue of at least $300K.
• Professional degree in civil, geotechnical, or geological engineering.
• Prior experience in consulting services required. Ideal candidates will have a network of clients/contacts and people management experience.
• Candidates should have in-depth consulting experience in geotechnical investigations, geotechnical engineering, site civil design, industrial containment systems, and landfill type projects, including facility siting, permitting, construction, closure, and operations.
• Registration as a professional engineer, or ability to become registered within one year.
• Must be able to travel as needed. Must be able to use automobile and plane transportation. Will be required to work on client sites such as industrial plants, hazardous waste sites, etc., that require walking and some climbing.
• Successful candidates will have well developed interpersonal and leadership skills, be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, and show a history of successful technical and financial project management acumen.
• Candidates with some loyal existing clients / accounts are preferred.
Give the Hire Resolve USA team a call today 602-833-8596 or send us your resume- email@example.com and we will get in touch
or email us: engineering.vacancy(at)hireresolve.com