|Location||Construction Jobs in San Diego, CA|
|Salary||$100,000 - $70,000|
Hire Resolve has a great opportunity for a skilled Estimator to join our clients Construction team in San Diego, CA. Our client is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company that has a long history of driving greater value in construction projects and is always focusing on improving experience.
The Estimator will support and work on the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of construction means and methods, costs and engineering principles. We are looking for qualified individuals with estimating experience on large Commercial, Residential, Healthcare, and Transportation projects.
• Perform quantity take-offs.
• Assist in pricing and bidding of construction projects.
• Works with architects and consultants to communicate scope of work, materials and scheduling.
• Participates in the internal estimate review process and the presentation of estimate to owner.
• Field investigations. Review project plans, requirements and specifications.
• Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate a team of estimators to develop a large multidisciplinary estimate.
• Determine labor and equipment costs.
• Perform accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing.
• Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
• Understand project logistics and project schedule.
• Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
• Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
• Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
• Assist with certain post-bid buyouts.
• Comprehends contract requirements for diversity compliance.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Engineering OR 4-6 years of equivalent experience required.
• Minimum 4+ years’ experience estimating commercial construction projects.
• General knowledge of construction principles and processes.
• Working knowledge of estimating technology, such as Accubid or BIM related software.
• Must be able to read and understand blueprints.
If you want to make a career change and need professional help, contact our Recruiters today!
or email us: engineering.vacancy(at)hireresolve.com