|Location||Electrical Engineering Jobs in Seattle, WA|
|Salary||$120,000 - $95,000|
|Education||Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required|
|Experience||5+ years of experience in electrical engineering required|
A MEP consulting engineering firm with a growing office in Seattle is seeking an Electrical Engineer. Our office is made up of personable individuals who are good at what they do and work hard to create a respectful and pleasant working environment with a commitment to reasonable hours and quality results.
They are wanting this individual to be experienced in the modeling and design of electrical power systems for buildings and facilities. In this role, you will be involved in a variety of engineering tasks associated with the planning, analysis, and design of power and lighting systems for commercial office buildings, hospitals and medical buildings, K-12 schools and university facilities, municipal buildings, and more! You will be given ownership in the success of projects, will be a valued member of the design team and will have the opportunity to further your technical experience through solving design challenges.
Our client takes very good care of their employees, and there is room to grow within the company. They invest in their staff with the hope that each person will be around for a long time.
• Fully paid employee premiums for medical/dental/vision insurance coverage
• 3 weeks of vacation
• A retirement account that vests immediately
• A fully paid ORCA public transportation pass
Responsibilities and Duties
• Collect and analyze technical data for design studies; prepare layouts and develop specifications; develop design proposals and drawings; and analyze and resolve design and production.
• Gather information, conduct studies, perform calculations, and prepare original schematic layouts and sketches to present design proposal.
• Make decisions regarding design suitability using knowledge of specified product materials, system types, and production process.
• Apply codes; identify alternatives allowed by code exceptions to devise engineering solutions to design challenges.
• Perform mathematical calculations using engineering formulas and analysis tools.
• Coordinate design criteria with architects, other engineering disciplines, and planning groups in accordance with contractual specifications.
• Become familiar with coordinating across a variety of building design disciplines, including mechanical, electrical, architectural, and structural.
• Identify and communicate changes to design and/or scope that may impact deadlines, workloads, or assignments of the project and project budget. Ensure that Project Manager/Project Lead is informed immediately of those changes.
• Represent the firm in a professional manner, enhancing client confidence and respect, and furthering relationships for the goal of repeat work or referrals. Clients should think of you highly enough to request you, specifically, for future work.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline required, Master’s degree preferred
• 5+ years of experience in electrical engineering required, 10+ yrs. preferred
• 3+ years of experience in a consulting engineering office designing electrical power systems for buildings required
• Washington State PE license or an ability to obtain one quickly required
• Strong proficiency with AutoCAD and Revit MEP required
• Project management and/or team leadership experience and a willingness to serve in such a role
• Professional and thorough verbal and written communications abilities
• Comfort working on multiple projects in various stages simultaneously
It’s 2019 and the year you can change your life! If you want to make a career change and need professional help, contact us today! Taryn, Thandi, Logan, Braden, Susan, Tanika, Amanda, Olumide, Kyle or Cynthia are available to take your calls so get in touch today- 602 833 8596 or simply send us your resume- firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get in touch!
or email us: engineering.vacancy(at)hireresolve.com