|Location||Civil Engineering Jobs in New York|
Geologist/Environmental Scientist is required by specialized firm in New York State, USA. Firm is seeking a talented, hard-working and highly motivated candidate. This candidate will need to work independently and as part of a team to implement various soil and groundwater sampling and monitoring programs. Superb organizational skills are a must. It is essential that the individual be a self-starter and multi-tasker. Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, are expected.
The primary responsibilities for this position include:
• Drilling/excavating contractor oversight, soil/groundwater/soil vapor sample collection, monitoring well gauging for NAPL.
• Scope of work and HASP implementation.
• CAMP and work zone air monitoring.
• Soil logging/geologic conditions description.
• Boring log, geologic cross section and groundwater flow direction figure development.
• Oversight of construction activities including monitoring well installation and decommissioning, soil excavation, UST investigation/closure, etc.
• Field activity report writing, monitoring/gauging data input, assistance with the preparation of various summary reports and other documents.
Applicants are required to have the following minimum qualifications:
• Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Geology or Environmental Sciences and three to five years of experience is preferred.
• Soil boring and monitoring well installation experience, UST investigation/closure, CAMP and soil/groundwater sampling procedures is required.
• Knowledge of current environmental regulations and industry standards is required.
• Use of heavy objects and equipment (e.g., sample coolers, groundwater pumps, etc.) will be required.
• Computer software tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc, is expected.
• Experience preparing Phase I/Phase II ESA Reports, Final Engineering Reports, Spill Closure Reports, etc. is preferred.
• 40-Hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current OSHA Refresher training is preferred.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your resume to email@example.com or contact Taryn, Thandi, Seth or Mary-Jane on 602 833 8596
Correspondence will only be conducted with short listed candidates. Should you not hear from us within 3 days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
or email us: engineering.jobs(at)hireresolve.com