Gas Plant Operator
|Salary||$ 42K - $ 35K|
|Education||High School Diploma or equivalent|
|Experience||minimum 3 year related Midstream experience|
|Reference||MG - GPO - US|
This position is responsible for hands on operation of plant systems and for continued development of knowledge of how the plant systems work together within the Natural Gas Processing Facility. Observe the conditions of the plant equipment and report mechanical/operational problems to Senior Operator/Supervisor.
• Continue to develop the knowledge necessary for safe operation of plant equipment and systems.
• Performing daily facility and equipment readings and checks.
• Safely operate and troubleshoot the following plant equipment and/or processes including: Cryogenic gas processing plants, Fractionation train, Glycol and mole sieve dehydration units, Amine units, Gas compressors, Salt Water disposal equipment, Compressors, Storage tanks and other liquid handling equipment, Loading facilities, Hot oil system, Pumps, heaters, separators, and other plant equipment, Refrigeration system, Electrical Grid/Generators, Water treatment.
• Navigate and utilize the plant operations manual.
• Operate the plant control system under general supervision.
• Operate the plant safety shut-down system under general supervision.
• Complete all required company and regulatory environmental, health, and safety training.
• Utilize plant drawings and schematics. Develop an understanding of plant cause and effect diagrams.
• Understand and maintain plant horsepower management.
• Perform routine sampling and testing.
• Prepare readings for daily reports.
• Participate in plant process hazard analysis meetings.
• Participate in the writing/reviewing of operating procedures.
• Assist with the daily training of Associate Operators and Level I Operators.
• Communicate with gas control regarding critical plant data.
• Perform other operational functions as directed.
• Should have a minimum 3 year related Midstream experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• This is a rotating shift work position, requiring the individual to work 12 hour shifts, day and night, as well as weekends and holidays.
• Ability to operate valves ranging in size from .025'' to 24'' in diameter.
• Ability to climb 35-foot ladders (minimum) and 30-foot stairs (minimum)
• The ability to lift at least 50 pounds.
• Work outside in all weather types.
Should you meet the requirements for this position, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact Meghan or Esté on (+27) 021 551 8638.
or email us: energy.jobs(at)hireresolve.com